Roane Family Cemetery

Lincoln Parish, Louisiana

Location: Private property on north side of Hwy. 80, 3 miles east of Ruston, just east of Rough Edge Road. On northeast corner of old frame home on property; chain-link fence, one large monument with all names listed and numbered grave markers.

Submitted by Marilyn Juliet Roane, D.V.M. on July 19, 2002.

 

Transcription reads as follows, with additional information on individuals in parentheses:

ROANE CEMETERY

  1. Madera Gertrude Roane
  2. March 25, 1852 July 21, 1854 (daughter of James M. and Henrietta Row Roane)

  3. James Winn Roane
  4. August 24, 1853 May 24, 1862 (son of James M. and Henrietta Row Roane)

  5. Wayne Row Roane
  6. January 24, 1851 July 21, 1859 (son of James M. and Henrietta Row Roane)

  7. Julia Roane (Laura Salina Julia Roane)
  8. October 16, 1857 July 24, 1873 (daughter of James M. and Henrietta Row Roane)

  9. Ollie Gilbert
  10. Grandson of J. M. and Henrietta Row Roane (son of Francis Marion Gilbert and Sarah Ann Roane Gilbert, b. 28 June 1872, died 26 October 1873)

  11. Sam C. Roane
  12. Grandson of J. M. and Henrietta Row Roane (son of John Constantine and Sarah Barnett Roane, b.a. 1872)

  13. S. Franklin McLeroy
  14. June 7, 1854 January 15, 1891 (husband of Alice Kittorah Roane McLeroy who was daughter of James M. and Henrietta Row Roane)

  15. Franklin Pearce McLeroy
  16. June 15, 1889 July 18, 1907 (son of S. Franklin and Alice Kittorah Roane McLeroy)

  17. Twin daughters of Henry S. and Tamar Roane
  18. January 1899 (named Elizabeth and Henrietta; Henry S. Roane is son of James M. and Henrietta Row Roane)

  19. James H. Roane
  20. November 16, 1899 24 November 1902 (son of Henry S. and Tamar Sanders Roane)

  21. William Andrew Roane
  22. 29 August 1905 16 November 1906 (son of Henry S. and Tamar Sanders Roane)

  23. Infant son of Henry S. and Tamar Roane
  24. January 1910 lived 8 days (named John S.)

  25. James M. Roane
  26. July 22, 1824 December 16, 1898

  27. Henrietta Row Roane

December 11, 1823 December 25, 1901

 

Back to Lincoln Parish